Take a look around, make yourself at home.
You will find some of my favorite things, and some of my innermost thoughts.

Poems, quotes, music, preaching, and a few funny things.
Take your time, add your comments, and come back as often as you like.
Google

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Marriage

Marriage is built on trust and love.
To have any successful relationship, it takes trust.. When trust is lost or questioned,
the relationship breaks down. Trust can be lost because someone has broke a trust, I am not talking about another relationship, I am talking about broken promises, unfulfilled task, deadlines not taken seriously.
Let me make an analogy. You hire a carpenter to remodel your kitchen he does wonderful work, there is no better. There is a problem he never shows up when he says he will, the price he quoted you is not what he is now asking, and the material is not cherry it is oak. He looks at his work and say wonderful others look and say great, you look and see it is not what your ordered, the price was not what you were told, and it was not finished in time for your anniversary.
That is just how trust is lost in a marriage.
Some think as long as they never mess around, and come home at night, and work, everything should be OK. If you see my logic you will understand why it is not OK, and why maybe you are having problems that you do not understand.
The second thing is love. Love is more than a word, it must carry commitment. You can love someone, yet love yourself more, and do your best to please yourself, in so doing the love you feel for the other person will never be felt by them. Love is putting the other persons needs above your own needs. Love is overlooking their mistakes and shortcomings.
Love is 1 Corinthians 13
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
4Love suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Great Marriages are build on trust and love, trust is earned, love is expressed.

No comments: