Take a look around, make yourself at home.
You will find some of my favorite things, and some of my innermost thoughts.

Poems, quotes, music, preaching, and a few funny things.
Take your time, add your comments, and come back as often as you like.
Google

Monday, January 14, 2008

Why did Peter deny Christ?

Was Peter afraid, was Peter a coward?
He walked on water, he wanted to build temple at transfiguration, never afraid, not in his character.
Matthew 26:69 Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee. But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest. 71 And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, this fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth. 72 And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man. 73 And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech betrayeth thee. 73 began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew. 74 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him. Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.' And he went out, and wept bitterly.
1. John 13:6 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.'
2. Matt 26: 33 Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended. 34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee.
He is getting TESTY see how he talked back to Christ.
3. Matt26: 40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?'
4. Matt 18:10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?'
What just happened, the last 4 times Jesus spoke to Peter he corrected him.
Peter in my opinion had an offended spirit.
He also had in my opinion a good reason to be offended. Good reasons are not good enough, to go against Gods commends.
Joseph brothers were offended and traded him off into Egypt
John 6: 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?' Jesus didn’t like the attitude.
Being offended is sin, Being offended is selfish, Being offended is putting yourself first, Being offended is all about you, Being offended Kills your testimony, Being offended gives you a bad attitude, being offended make you someone that no one want to be around. Being offended Kills your spirit.
Show me something Good that comes from anyone being offended, then show me in the Bible where God OK’s a bad attitude, A moody spirit. Going into that Depression zone.
If you get this it can change your life, you home and your church.
Bad things are going to happen, the Bible teaches that, but Can you accept that God wants and needs you at peace in the midst of the storm?
Let’s talk about someone other than you that is offended it is easier to see. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord, I will repay.((Now you get on with your work, of winning others to Christ))
The bible teaches to turn your other cheek. Math 5: 38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:' But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.'
I don’t get mad; I don’t get even. Christian Ball Games, board meeting, business meetings, who sings when, what we sing, Hymns, courses, our kid is better than your kid.
Why we can get offended about almost anything.
There are things to stand up for, but you don’t stand against PEOPLE, you win them to Jesus Christ.
They can tell you are Christians by your Love, if you love me love one another.
In churches we have A big problem, with people being offended, get over it.
Satan's crowed will be in church and he will try to offend you out. Give me a church where people are so committed to the Mission and message of Christ that they will not be offended but turn their cheek.
How do you get over being offended, Repent. Repent. Repent, just as Peter did.
He had good reason to be offended, but it hindered his work for Christ, so he repented. And got over himself.
Jesus said as he hung on the cross, Father forgive them for they know not what they do.
It is all about our ministry for him, it is never about us.

No comments: