Take a look around, make yourself at home.
You will find some of my favorite things, and some of my innermost thoughts.

Poems, quotes, music, preaching, and a few funny things.
Take your time, add your comments, and come back as often as you like.
Google

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Worship

Worship is a word we use to describe our music service at Church,
but is that really what worship is?
Jesus said God is a spirit and those who worship him should worship him in spirit and in truth.
Ray Steadman made a statement about worship that I have never forgot.
He said it is not prayer, it is not praise, it is worship, it is not a specific time, it has nothing to do with the physical. Worship is spiritual.
Prayer deals with a man taking his needs to god,
praise deals with a thanks for what god has done for us.
Worship is understanding the greatness of god.
Look at creations, and see how big god is, look at all he has made.
When we see God for who he is, we stand in his awe.
We stand amazed in his presents.
We worship 24/7 we marvel in his greatness.
I am reminded at how Nancy Regan would look at her husband the president, with awe.
You could tell how much she admired him and respected him.
When we have true worship within us.
People can see it, people can feel it, people can experience it.
They see it flowing out of us, in our total amazement of Gods greatness.
Isaiah 6:1, I saw the Lord high and lifted up and his train filled the temple.
6:5 woe is me, for I am undone.
6:8 the lord said whom shall I send, and who will go. Then I said here am I send me.
That is true worship

No comments: