Take a look around, make yourself at home.
You will find some of my favorite things, and some of my innermost thoughts.

Poems, quotes, music, preaching, and a few funny things.
Take your time, add your comments, and come back as often as you like.
Google

Monday, February 11, 2008

Finding Perfection in Church

I know alot of people want nothing to do with Church because they see imperfection, and inconsistency, in the people that go to Church.
I have been in the ministry for over 30 years, and for the most part, Christians are imperfect, and too many times inconsistent.
I think we many times focus on the wrong thing when looking for perfection.
If we focus on Jesus and the Bible then and only then will we find what we are looking for.
To have an effective church, our heart and mind needs to focus on that which is perfect.
A preacher I had as a young kid would say, the Church is not a rest home for the saints, but a hospital for sinners. I think he had it right.
The hospital is for the sick, but we never judge the hospital by the sick, we judge it by the medical attention we receive when we go there or when a family member goes there.
If we focused on the sick people we would never go to a Hospital.
There is a group called weight watcher, have you ever been to a meeting at weight watcher? You will find that most of the people are heavy, now using the same analogy why would anyone go there to loose weight when everyone is heavy.
Most help groups are recognized by what they can do to help, and are not judged by those who attend.
What if I told you that Church was made up of people knowing they need help, knowing they are not perfect, but they want to do better, and want to learn how to have a better and more fulfilling life. I will tell you this after being in Church all of my life, that is exactly what it is.
Look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

No comments: